Monday, October 18, 2010

Rally the Troops

We leave for Dallas in 5 hours.  Our appointment tomorrow (really today, hah) is a day-long experience, meeting with the surgical team, the anesthesiologists, therapists & nurses who will be caring for Clark.  It's supposed to be something like 10-4.  A really long day, especially with a baby in tow.

The reason I'm up so late... well, that would be packing.  I was procrastinator extraordinaire for this trip.  I think I've packed enough for a year, let's hope that means we'll be home in 3 days.  Surely the nurses will look at us like "What 13 pound baby needs 7 outfits, 15 bazillion toys, 6 blankets & a quilt for a 2 day hospital stay?"  I'll tell you who....

This kid.  The one who was sitting up on his 9 month birthday...with just a teeny bit of help.

Oh yeah, and he tried to eat my hamburger today.  I don't know what's happened in the last 3 weeks, but it's like my preemie turned into a big kid all of a sudden.  He's rolling everywhere and he bounces like crazy.  I'm guessing that's where someone, somewhere got the term "bouncing baby boy".  We certainly have one of those.

Guys, I know there are quite a few of you who read this blog.  I watch the stats pretty closely and I'm amazed.  US, Canada, UK, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, Brazil, Australia, Netherlands, China.  Wow.  People from all over the world know about my son.  It's humbling.  Right now, I'm going to ask a favor of you...

Please pray for Clark.  This surgery is a huge deal.  He's a tiny baby.  I know how much he's been through and I know the huge mountains God has moved.  I believe that God has been answering prayers for Clark since before he was born.  There is no such thing as too many prayers.  We need every one.  So, if you will, take the time to pray for us on the next few days, especially.  

I feel like we have an army behind us on this quest.  It's a comforting and empowering feeling, let me tell you.  I have felt peace fall over me this week, I have a renewed sense of strength and focus and I feel mentally ready to meet this surgery head-on because of all the prayers being offered up for us.  I'm rallying the troops to keep those prayers coming.  

I will do my best to keep everyone updated day-to-day while we're in Dallas.  Again, I really appreciate you caring enough to read about Clark and pray for him.  It means so much to us.

2 comments: