Sunday, December 5, 2010






So the hours are ticking away and day surgery is fast approaching.  I'm on the edge of losing it.  I've had enough hospital for the rest of my life.  I'm sick of my baby having procedures done and going under anesthesia.  Yes.  I know how lucky and blessed we are that he's even here.  Still.  Enough of hospitals.

ps I still love you, Scottish Rite...just not right now.  It's not you, it's me.


In other news, Clark had his appointment with the ophthalmologist on Thursday. Annnnd...drumroll please...he's extremely near sighted.  He's getting baby spectacles.  They'll look like this:




He's finally gotten the diagnosis of septo-optic dysplasia.  The absent septum pellucidum part, as of yet, has yet to be confirmed by MRI, but that will come after all of this cast/hip business.

 The septum pellucidum is the guy I highlighted.  He is suspected to be missing in Clark's brain & is the one that is responsible for developing the optic nerve.

His optic nerve is what they call "hypoplastic" which is just a fancy word for "it's small, underdeveloped and therefore doesn't function fully".  At least we skipped the hypoplastic lung part.  So...optic nerve things, we can live with.  Of course, genetics may also play a part, as Jeramy is quite nearsighted himself.

On to the details...

Tomorrow [Sunday] we leave for Dallas.  We'll be staying at the Ronald McDonald House-Dallas again..it's a wonderful, wonderful house.  And then Clark is scheduled to be admitted Monday morning at 6.  His surgery should start at 8.  I'm asking for all of you to pray for him.  We just need everything to go smoothly and the best it possibly can.  Also, please pray for us.  I realize (and hope) that Clark will only be special needs for a short time, but it's very tough to handle some days.  I have so much respect for families who are dealing with this day in, day out for years.

I recently read a quote on Facebook from one of my very dear antepartum nurses, it read: "Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel."  I feel like God handed me a shovel last year.  And without that shovel we wouldn't be where we are today.  But I'm weary, in farm terms, I've been rode hard and put up wet, I'm draggin my heels.  Digging, digging and digging is hard work. 

Thank you guys for caring and especially for taking this journey with us by praying for us, and all your generosity and love.  We couldn't ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment