Sunday, October 10, 2010

NICU Reunion 10/10/10

Today was the NICU reunion.  We debated over and over about whether to go or not, considering Clark has surgery in 10 days and has been in quarantine for awhile now to stay well.  We eventually decided not to go & I even sent out emails telling our NICU family that we wouldn't be there, regretfully.  Then I had a change of heart.  I had a feeling that it would be ok if we went (and brought a gallon of Purell and a tank of Lysol, of course).  I knew I would regret it if we didn't go.

I am so glad we decided to.  We saw people that we haven't seen in months and Clark got to meet some of the other babies.  I'll tell the story in the pictures I took..since there are about a million....

LaRhesa & Kaidyn
I love how Clark & Kaidyn are doing the same pose!

The wonder team from the night Clark's lung collapsed.
Neonatal Nurse Practitioners,
Amy & Melissa

Clark's doctor, 
Dr Cheryl Cipriani, baby whisperer &
certainly the most stylish doctor I've ever met.


Nurse Mela, ironically she was never Clark's nurse.
But, we were on the same volleyball team in 7th grade...haha.

Clark and the beautiful baby Cadence.

Clark & his bff, Mary
He gave her lots of good snuggles today.

Hi Deborah!!

Deborah was always there to lift our spirits on the tough days.

Clark & Maya's 1st meeting...
yes, he is trying to hold her hand

It didn't go over well..
sorry MayaBug, we <3 you!

Dr Govande, he was Clark's doctor from
time-to-time when Dr Cipriani was out.

Nurse Dynisha, giver of Clark's 1st tub bath &
our transporting nurse to the CCN.

Nurse Isolde, the one we gave many gray hairs
with the big "bath crash".

Dr Little, the surgeon who operated on Clark's hernias.
Apparently those were the stuff of legend and are now a part
of Dr Little's teaching curriculum because of their
gigantic-ness.

One sleepy little boy, post reunion.

We missed a lot of people that we hoped to see today.  But I know they had to leave someone in the NICU to hold down the fort.  We hope to catch them next time we go up there for a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment