Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Prairies & Pineywoods

"Following the Lampasas River from the Stillhouse Hollow Dam, travelers soon enter a tall bottomland forest. Throughout this forest, a series of boardwalks and bridges cross creeks flowing into the river. Visitors can enjoy several impressive waterfalls along the way."

Today Jeramy, Kade, Clark & I went to Chalk Ridge Falls, one of the parks in the Chisolm Trail loop of the Prairies & Pineywoods Wildlife Trail.  I've been going there to hike for over 15 years and while the trail isn't near what it once was (hint, hint Corps of Engineers...) it is still a treasure in our area.

There are tons of animals & other wildlife at this park.  In the years I've been going there, I've seen raccoon, armadillo, possum, deer, owls, snakes, tons of birds and even one otter!  Today I noticed lots of butterfly.  It really is a great place to hike.

We brought the camera along today & captured some great pictures. 













With Clark's surgery fast approaching, I had the urge to get out and enjoy some "normal".  Your prayers are needed for a successful surgery & a very uneventful hospital stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment