Friday, February 24, 2012

I don't have to be strong enough.

Although it may come across clearly in this blog, I can't recall ever specifically blogging about my faith.  
I have never considered myself "religious".  That may seem confusing but all it really means is that 
my relationship with God is far above all of the traditions & things that go along with modern-day religions.  

I'm simply a Christian, my brother and Savior is Christ, and God is my heavenly Father.  People, situations, 
and even "church" can fail, God never does.  "I will never leave you, or forsake you." Hebrews 13:5b.  
The world, people, my body & life, in general, have all failed me over the years.  God never has.

In light of Clark's upcoming procedures and surgeries, I've been feeling overwhelmed, especially considering where he's already been--all the things he's already endured in his short, sweet life.  This isn't surprising because I have a very bad habit of trying to carry everything myself.  Praying for myself has never been my forté.  But I always reach a breaking point.

Last night was that point.  Monday, Clark is going inpatient for an unpleasant procedure, the pH probe I mentioned in the last post.  Shortly after that (no scheduled date yet) he'll be having yet another surgery.  This will be Clark's 6th.  When I think about this surgery, and all of the other ones he's endured--it just reminds me (again) that the body fails us. 

Walking into that hospital on the day of his surgery, getting him dressed up in "hospital clothes", walking him down the all-too-short hall to the point where I have to hand him over to the surgical team and watch him realize what's going on, and seeing the tears start to roll down his little face...it's just a burden I can't bear.  It's too heavy.

On that note, I present to you one of my favorite verses in the Bible:  Philippians 4:13.
"I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength."

Many of you who are familiar with this verse realized, right off the bat, that I rephrased it.  You won't find the words exactly like that in any translation.  But, it does get the point of the verse across in a strong way.  I can't take credit for it though.  Those words, which originate in the Bible, were put into a song called Strong Enough.  It happens to be one of my most favorite songs & yeah, I'm the one singing it in my car going down the road.

All of that aside, one of the purposes of this post was to share the lyrics of that song with you.  You may have heard it before, especially if you make a habit of listening to KLOVE or other stations with Christian music.  Personally, it's the only station I listen to...they sold me with their "positive, encouraging" slogan ;)  Without further ado, I leave you with the music & lyrics.  Trust me--it's worth 4 minutes of your life to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment