Monday, November 15, 2010

Amazing Stuff

A year ago, I would never have imagined we'd be where we are now.  This time last year, I had already been on bed rest for 9 weeks.  Clark had been without fluid for a month.  The doctors were still asking me if I wanted to terminate every week.  And most of you who knew me, along with myself and my family, were thinking the worst would probably happen.

I can tell you that in November 2009, absolutely, that I did not have a spirit of faith.  I was running on fear and frayed nerves.  I was just learning to pray for myself.  I had no idea what God was about to do in my life.

God gets all the glory in this.  He made me a strong person so I could fight for Clark.  He gave Jeramy and I the strength to get through 126 days of bed rest, then 75 of the most terrifying days of our life while Clark was in the NICU.


For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition which I asked of Him.
 1 Samuel 1:27


 And it is God who designed the strongest and most wonderful boy I've ever known.  In his short 10 months, he has been through things that most adults have never experienced.  A machine breathed for him the first 3 weeks of his life, from that machine he got a terrible infection that nearly cost him his life.  His heart and lungs were compromised.  He's been through 2 surgeries, and is currently in a body cast.  If someone had told me just over a year ago that there are children who experience this, I probably would have had a hard time believing it.


I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made
Psalm 139:14

I stand amazed, and probably always will, at what God has done for us.  It is certain that I don't deserve any of it, but such is the nature of God that he loves me even when I'm not doing my best.  We appreciate every prayer you've prayed for us over the past year, we know that we couldn't have done this otherwise.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
 James 1:17

2 comments:

  1. As I look at your little boy, I am HOPING for one of my husband's friends who has a surviving twin in NICU. How does a micropremie grow up so healthy? (: Something science can't explain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandy this is SO beautiful..you literally took the words right out of my mouth. I love Clark SO much and I pray and hope him and NeVaeh can meet one day ;) Every child is such a blessing but our little one's..no1 has any idea what we have been through. Always thinking of you guys <3

    ReplyDelete