Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Traction & all


Traction isn't fun.  The wait for surgery day is even worse.  That will be September 29th.  I'm so nervous about him going under general.  I know it's probably not a huge deal, but it is to me, the over-protective mommy. 

He's been in traction a week today.  So far, he's already fallen off the couch (in traction).  My fault, because I left his side for (literally) 10 seconds.  I feel horrible.  But he was ok.  It's not like it wasn't secured, I still have no idea how he did it.

We go back to Scottish Rite tomorrow for a check up and to remove his right leg from traction so his left hip can get the full benefit.  I hope this works.  We are trying so hard.

Blog readers (if there are any of you left), I am so sorry for the negativity.  Things have been hard to take lately.  It's been over a year now since "normal" life and I guess it just starts to wear a person thin.  Please pray for Clark and our little family.  And please pray for all of our little baby friends & their families who are still either in the hospital or struggling with various medical issues at home.  We know a lot of them.  If you have been blessed with a healthy child, please know that you are beyond lucky.

In other news, Clark is in good spirits, if a bit stuffy lately.  I'm praying this doesn't turn into something serious (like pneumonia) please pray with me that it goes away quickly.  His doctor said last week that it was a slight cold and should go away soon, but it hasn't.  And to top it all off, due to some insurance issues, we can't get in to see the doctor for an undetermined amount of time, as in the clinic refuses to schedule him an appointment despite my best (& successful) efforts of securing a referral.  This is SO scary to a parent of a baby who has had the amount of illness Clark has in his short little life.  Again, prayers are greatly needed and always appreciated.

Here's a recent picture of Clark & Kade.

1 comment:

  1. Brandy
    I think of you often and continue to pray for Clark. I hear you on the loss of normalcy. I sometimes forget what life used to be like.
    You are doing a fantastic job and I know you will continue to. Somehow mothers find more strength even when we think we are all out.
    When I think of all the issues Natalie is facing I want to hide. It is overwhelming. You are right-when a healthy baby is born SO much is taken for granted.
    Much love to you and your family. You will continue to be in my prayers.
    By the way, Clark is ADORABLE in addition to being flat out amazing.

    ReplyDelete