Sunday, September 12, 2010

Be brave. Even if you're not, pretend to be.No one can tell the difference.

For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,
Do not fear; I will help you.
Isaiah 41:13





On my computer I keep two windows open at all times.  On the left I have Firefox with at least 3 tabs: Gmail, Facebook & BabyCenter.  On the right side I have an electronic sticky note with Bible verses, song lyrics & quotes on life, including the two above.  One is good advice, and the other is God reassuring me that, no matter what, everything will be ok because He's with me.

Don't expect life to be fair.

Another quote on the sticky note.  This past week we visited Scottish Rite.  It was a very brief appointment with the doctor checking Clark's traction and removing his right leg from the traction and leaving the left suspended.  I asked a ton of questions, after all, surgery is only 3 weeks away.  Are the nurses on the unit nice, attentive & understanding? NICU moms...you understand this question. A nurse can make or break your day/week/month.  Will they give him the pain relief he needs? We've been through surgery before and the Mommy-it-HURTS!!! cry is the most heart breaking sound.  What percentage of kids need the more invasive surgery that he'll have to be older to have? 1%  Ok now I'm really scared because we've been in the 1% several times before.  



Have I told you how much I love Clark's nurse & doctor at Scottish Rite?  They kindly & patiently answered my million-and-one questions.  I'm sure I'll have a ton more next time I see them, but for now, I feel a little more prepared for surgery day.  September 29.  Based on our previous experiences, Clark likes odd numbered days, so I'm hoping that means something.

When facing a difficult task, act as though it is impossible to fail.

Thank you all for your concern and prayers for Clark.  They are what have gotten us this far, and what will continue to get us through.

No comments:

Post a Comment