Saturday, May 15, 2010

This Blog

This blog will likely be a tad different than the last two.  Those blogs were very serious 100% of the time.  This one will be a bit more blog-like in that I will also talk about things that I want to talk about or that interest me.  Yay, finally!

One of the main things that I've been thinking about when it comes to treatment for Clark's hip is his diapering method.  We've been told there's a good chance that he'll have surgery and casting as a course of treatment.  From him being in the pavlik harness, we know already that the business area and hip area are wayyyy too close together!  Diaper changes in the harness were a nightmare.  Now Clark is cloth diapered 3/4 of the time, and we're quickly working our way up to full-time.  I can't imagine trying to maneuver a prefold around a cast...but I'm hoping that's where his new one-size contours will come in handy, as they fit from 7lbs all the way up to 35.

Speaking of his harness, that thing was a stinky mess when it was removed after 10 days.  Can you imagine the stink from a cast.  Oh. My.  I'm wishing for there to be an alternative method (that actually works!) to surgery and casting.  I'll keep my fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath.

Well, as it turns out...you can have your baby and eventually leave the NICU, but the friends you make along the way stick.  My bed rest friend, Beth, who lives in NY and had the exact same complication as I did, has a daughter who is still in the NICU.  She was born December 31st, so as you can imagine, this has been an incredibly long and hard road for baby Margaret Grace and her family.  The most recent thing was a tracheostomy and now they are working on getting her eating well and not inhaling the milk.

Our friend baby Chloe has had an intensely hard road over the past few weeks.  I've heard that all of her current problems could have possibly been prevented and that really saddens me.  Sometimes the standard of care is ignored, and that's never ok.  Whatever the case may be, the main goal right now is healing her and getting her to a good place.  But I'm afraid she may still have a long row to hoe.

Baby Maya came home a couple weeks ago and is still struggling with a few health issues.  I guess this is common for most micro preemies but it's hard to take nonetheless.  We saw baby Kierson at our eye doctor appointment this past week and she looked great!  It was so nice getting to see she and her mother, and she got good news while she was there, too!

Whether you've come here because you're bored, interested or just plain nosey (*wink*) welcome.  I'm finally getting the hang of this blogging thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment