Saturday, June 19, 2010

I don't really mean to have these huge gaps between updates...it's just the way things have been happening lately.  Hopefully there are some of you who still read, and if so here's the latest......

Thursday we went to Scottish Rite for the last time for a couple months.  The pavlik harness didn't work and we were told about the next step.  I must admit, I kind of laughed while the nurse was telling us about this, but honestly I think it was so I wouldn't cry.  Apparently the next step is traction.  We get a wagon with pvc pipes rigged on it, Clark's legs are wrapped and he's suspended by his legs from the pipes.  He can come out 3x/day to eat.  Hello...for one thing Clark is an attached baby, he's very rarely not in someone's arms, and for another thing....babies eat more than 3x/day!!!  I had prepared myself for a 1/2 body cast but I think this traction thing sounds worse.  He will do that for a month.  But thankfully not until August.  I'm asking for lots of prayers that the traction works, because if not, the next thing is manual placement or surgery.  Both of which require him to be fully sedated.  I'm not exactly sure of the process for the traction, but it sounds like an intense procedure too.

The growing boy


Most of you probably know that I've been a nanny for my nephew Kade since he was about 3 weeks old.
I was there when he was born, and being together so often has led to Kade and I being pretty close.  I missed him so much when I was on bed rest and in the hospital.  Thankfully my grandmother was able to help me out big time and keep him during that time and throughout our NICU stay.  I'm so happy that now things are normal enough around the house that Kade is back with us when his mom is at work.














Finally...the boys are together!!

Hopefully they'll be best buds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment